Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water or pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Cook sugar, starch and fruit juice until thick. Add lemon juice, cool.
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp. milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Add remaining ingredients. Pat out on greased pizza pan going up the sides. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Second layer:
- 1 - 8oz pkg. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Beat until fluffy and spread on cool crust.
- Arrange fruit. Cover with glaze.
1 can pineapple rings, orange segments, stawberries, bananas, grapes, apple, kiwi etc. Fresh fruit is preferred but substitute as you wish.