Spicy hot bread pakoras are great as an appetizer, finger food for any type of the gathering, and a tasty compliment for your afternoon tea.
- 4-5 bread slices
- 1 cup gram flour
- 4-5 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- Oil for frying
- Water for batter
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Remove crust from all sides of bread.
2. Cut bread slices into desired shapes (like triangle, rectangle etc).
3. Mix Gram flour (besan), ajwan, red chili powder, garam masala, green
chilies,coriander eaves chopped, turmeric & salt in a bowl.
4. Now by pouring little water at a time make a smooth batter (neither too
thick nor too lose).
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Dip bread piece in batter, fry till both sides are golden brown on
7. The crispy, delicious pakodas are ready to serve.
8. Serve bread pakodas hot with green chutney/tomato sauce.