Fiesta Chicken Soup
prep time 10 min total time 31 min makes 4 servings, 2-1/2 cups each
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup (1/2 of 14-1/2-oz. can) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (8-1/2 oz.) peas and diced carrots, drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder 1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
HEAT dressing in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
ADD tomatoes, broth, water, peas and carrots and chili powder; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 min. or until chicken is cooked through and onions are tender. Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
LADLE soup into four ovenproof serving bowls; top with cheese. Broil, 6 inches from heat source, 2 to 3 min. or until cheese is melted
Top with crushed tortilla chips, crackers or croutons.
Substitute whatever canned vegetables you have on hand, such as cut green beans or whole kernel corn, for the peas and carrots.