Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped and toasted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 16mins
Combine cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, butter, and half cup pecans, mixing well.
Reserve 1/3 cup mixture.
Firmly press remaining mixture on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, mixing well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add sour cream and flavorings; mix well.
Stir in 1 cup pecans.
Spoon into prepared pan, sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake at 475°F for 10 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 300°F ,and bake an additional 50 minutes.