Chubby Hubby Buckeye Truffles
From Six Sisters' Stuff Cookbook
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel pieces
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk or semisweet chocoalte chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Additional peanut butter, melted for garnish
- Additional pretzel pieces for garnish
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. put the pretzel pieces into a resealable gallon sized plastic bag and crush into very small bits.
2. In a small bowl, combine peanut butte,r butter, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until all of the ingredients are completely blended and smooth. Add pretzel bits to the peanut butter mixture and mix thoroughly. Ad dpowdered sugar and mix until completely combined.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Place baking sheet in refrigerator and chill for at least 30 mintues.
4. When ready to dip the truffles, microwave the chocoalte hcips and shortening together in a small bowl at 50 percent power in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
5. Working one at a time, dip one peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate and use a fork to roll it around, ensuring that it is completely coated with chocolate. Let any excess chocolate drip off and place back on the waxed paper. Repeat until each peanut butter ball has been dipped.
6. Return the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with a drizzle of melted peanut butter and crushed pretzels, if desired. Stor in an airtight container int he refrigerator.