Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, mix sugars, butter and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.