- You can make this as healthy or unhealthy as you would like
- 1. 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2. Chicken Broth
- 3. 1 pound of spaghetti (I use the Barilla Plus noodles that are whole wheat and loaded with protein and fiber)
- 4. 3 T margarine
- 5. 3 T flour
- 6. 1 ½ cups of milk (I use skim)
- 7. 1 pound of Velveeta cheese (I use the 2%)
- 8. 1 can cream of chicken soup (I use Campbells Healthy Request)
- 9. 1 can cream of mushroom soup (Again, I use Campbells Healthy Request)
- 10. 1 can of original Rotel
Place chicken breasts in baking pan, cover with chicken broth, and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Bring water to a boil and boil spaghetti according to the directions on box.
While the chicken and spaghetti are cooking…
In a large saucepan, melt the margarine, stir in flour, then stir in milk until smooth and thickened.
Add the two cans of soup and can of rotel and stir until mixed.
Cut Velveeta into small pieces and stir until melted and smooth.
After chicken is cooked, cut up into small pieces and add to sauce.
After spaghetti is cooked to your liking, drain and stir in sauce.
Pour into one 9X13 pan or 2 8x8 pans.
You can finish here if you’d like, but to make it even yummier, if I have the time, I sprinkle bread crumbs and shredded parmesan cheese on top and place in oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.