Baked Southwestern Eggrolls
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 OUNCES) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dried
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1 package (21) egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg beaten for sealing egg roll (can substitute water)
Adapted from nutritiouseats.com
In a large bowl, combine everything but the egg roll wrappers.
Place ~1/4 cup mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper.
Fold bottom corner over filling.
Fold sides toward center over filling and continue to roll tightly to seal (see directions on egg roll wrapper).
Using your finger, moisten remaining corner with egg. Repeat.
Place seam-side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Brush tops of egg rolls lightly with olive oil.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown. Turn them halfway through baking.
Serve warm with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.