Vegan Patty Pan Quiche
- 7 small patty pan squash sliced 1/4" crosswise
- 1/2 lb fresh greens from your garden, spinach, chard, kale, pak choy
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 small vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- olive oil for sauteing
- 1 pkg firm silken tofu
- 1/4 c non mammary milk
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T organic cornstarch
- 1 t tahini
- 1/4 t fresh ground turmeric
- 3/4 t black Hawaiian salt
- Daiya Havarti with jalapen~o, sliced
Preparation time 35mins
preheat oven to 350 F
saute pattypan slices a couple minutes on each side in olive oil until tender and slightly browned, place in your glass pie dish. they are the piecrust.
saute your greens briefly until wilted, drain and chop. set aside.
saute your onion, yellow squash and bell pepper until tender. Spoon 3/4 of this into pie dish.
process tofu, "milk", yeast, cornstarch, tahini and salt in processor or blender until smooth. Add chopped greens and process only till combined, (or stir in by hand.)Pour over mixture in pie dish. sprinkle with the reserved 1/4 veggies.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour, adding cheez slices on top during the last 5 minutes.