Hot Dog Relish
- 8 c. peeled, seeded and minced cucumbers.(8-10 lg.)
- 3 c. peeled, minced onion (8 med.)
- 4 c. minced green tomatoes (6 lg.)
- 1 hot red pepper, minced
- 1 c. minced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 c. minced green pepper
- 4 c. finely diced celery
- 1/3 c. coarse salt
- 4 c. white wine vinegar
- 3 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. celery seed
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 c. vinegar
Put cucumbers, onion, tomatoes peppers and celery in a large container. cover with 1/3 c. coarse salt. Let stand overnight.
Drain. Put the white wine vinegar and sugar over cucumber mixture. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
Combine flour, turmeric, celery seeds, mustard seeds with vinegar. Add to pot. Cook another 10 minutes. Put in jars and seal.
The mixture is hot so the jars should seal as they cool.