Glen's Creamy Cake Filling (Mock Cream)
Nice filling to sandwich between meringues or piping onto cakes. It should be completely smooth with all grains of sugar completely dissolved. To make chocolate filling, add 1 - 2 T cocoa with the icing sugar.
- 1 C butter, soft
- 1 1/2 C icing sugar
- 1/2 C boiling water, probably less
- 1/2 C cold water, probably less
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Dissolve icing sugar with very little boiling water, only enough to make it just slide into butter but not be watery.
2. Beat butter until soft and creamy, then add icing sugar, a little at a time and beat until white and creamy - taste before all the icing sugar has been added to see if it is sweet enough, only add the rest if it is needed.
3. Add 1 T of boiling water, beat again, then add 1 T cold water.
4. Continue beating until smooth, keep adding alternately a little boiling water then cold water until sugary taste has gone.