- 2 - lbs ground beef
- 1 - 48 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 – tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16 oz) - pkg medium egg noodles
- 1/2 - cup margarine or butter
- ½ - tsp onion salt (or onion powder)
- ½ - tsp garlic salt (or garlic powder)
- ½ - cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 - 12 oz pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350º Brown meat and drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and sugar to meat; simmer 20 minutes. Cook noodles as directed (AL dente); drain and toss with margarine, salts and Parmesan cheese. Spray two 9x13 pans with non-stick spray. In both pans layer half the sauce, all the noodles, rest of sauce; top with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes.
*You can also add some sauteed green bell peppers, onions and mushrooms to the sauce. Make sure the person you are gifting this wonderful casserole to likes the veggies. If not just leave them out.