Masala dosa is an all time favorite south Indian snack that has become popular all over world.
- For serving:
- 3 cup rice
- 5 potato boiled
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 big onion
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds(methi dana)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup sambhar
- 1 tbsp coconut chutney
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Wash & soak rice, urad dal for 6-7 hrs in water.
2. Grind them together till they become fine paste.
3. Add salt & fenugreek seeds & leave the paste for fermentation for 12
4. Cut boiled potato in very small cubes.
5. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds.
6. Then add curry leaves & onion, fry till light pink in color.
7. Now add ginger paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder & salt into it.
8. Finally add cut potato (boiled) into it & fry for 5 minutes on medium
9. Heat tava & grease it lightly with oil.
10. When hot, pour paste on it & spread to make thin round shape.
11. Pour little oil along the edge. After cooking 2 min check if edges
turns golden brown.
12. Put potato masala filling in center & roll it.
13. Serve hot with sambhar & coconut chutney.