- 1/2 pound thick bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 pound linguine
Cook and crumble bacon. Reserve three tablespoons bacon fat. In large skillet, fry diced onion in olive oil and cook until somewhat translucent but still a bit crunchy, about 4 minutes . Add the crumbled bacon and grease and the chicken stock to the pan and simmer until reduced by about half. Turn off the heat.
2. While stock simmers, cook linguine according to pkg directions. Drain and add hot linguine to the skillet. Beat the egg yolks with the cream. Add cream mix to the pasta and stir until pasta is coated. You can add a bit more broth or cream if you need to make it "saucier." Add parmesan and lots of fresh pepper. Toss well and serve immediately.