Gertrude McFuzz y Berries
She snatched at those berries that grew on that vine. She gobbled down four, five, six, seven, eight, nine! And she didn't stop eating, young Gertrude McFuzz Till she'd eaten three dozen! That's all that there was.
From "Gertrude McFuzz" in Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 ounces fresh blackberries
- 3 ounces fresh raspberries
- 3 ounces fresh blueberries
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Put the berries, 3 or 4 at a time, into a bowl containing the sugar and turn them around until coated.
3. Put the sugared berries in a single layer on the foil.
4. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
5. The berries may be refrigerated in a plastic bag for up to two weeks.