Chocolate Chip Tea Cakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 cups (12-oz package) Nestle Toll House Semi- sweet chocolate morsels, divided
BEAT butter and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and nuts. Stir in 1 ½ cups morsels. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE in preheated 350°F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and light golden brown on bottom. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
MICROWAVE remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10 to 20 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies. Chill cookies for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store at room temperature in airtight containers. YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADD 1-3 TSP BUTTER TO THE CHIPS TO HELP KEEP THE DESIGN ON THE COOKIE!
Note: For a spicier cookie, add 2 to 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon to flour before adding to butter-sugar mixture.