Hot Picadillo Sandwiches
- 1 pound meat loaf mix or ground chuck
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes in juice - (14 1/2 oz)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 Cuban rolls or hamburger rolls split
- 2 cups thinly-sliced iceberg lettuce
Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and onion; cook until meat loses pink color, breaking up with fork, about 5 minutes. Spoon off excess fat. Mix in chili powder and cinnamon; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with juice, beef broth, raisins, vinegar, and tomato paste. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered until liquids thicken, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly toast rolls. Divide meat mixture among roll bottoms; top with lettuce and roll tops and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve With: Sweet potato chips, and carrot and celery sticks with blue cheese dipping sauce.