2 Tortillas with mixture: WW points: 9
- HOT BEEF BARBACOA RECIPE:
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons bottled low-sodium salsa (such as Green Mountain Gringo), divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup hot Beef Barbacoa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 (2 1/4-pound) boneless chuck steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Place beans in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine beans, 2 tablespoons salsa, and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over low heat until warm, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in pan, and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
3. Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Break 1 egg into each of 4 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place custard cups in simmering water in pan. Cover pan; cook 8 minutes. Remove custard cups from water. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over eggs.
4. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons bean mixture. Top beans with 2 tablespoons Beef Barbacoa. Place 1 poached egg on each plate so it overlaps both tortillas. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon remaining salsa. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon green onions, and 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
BARBACOA RECIPE DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub oregano mixture evenly over beef. Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add 1 cup water and garlic to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover and bake at 300° for 3 hours or until beef is very tender. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
3. Skim fat from surface of broth. Remove beef; shred with 2 forks. Return beef to pan; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer mixture 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates; stir in lime juice. Reduce heat to medium, and cook beef 3 minutes or until crisp in spots.