Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from foodtv.com
Topping. In small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Blend with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
Sift 1 1/2 cups sifted flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl. In a medium bowl, beat together beaten egg and 3/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square or 9-inch layer-cake pan. Sprinkle topping crumb mixture evenly over batter. Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done. Partially cool in pan on wire rack. Cut coffee cake into squares while still warm.
* This is an easy streusel coffee cake, baked in a square or round layer-cake pan.