Peanut Butter Paisley Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (5.5 ounce can) chocolate flavored syrup
Blend butter or margarine and peanut butter in large mixer bowl. Add sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to peanut butter mixture.
Spread half the batter in greased 13 x 9 –inch pan. Spoon syrup over top. Carefully spread with remaining batter. Swirl with spatula or knife for marbled effect. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool; cut into squares.