Chicken Siciliana features tender chicken breasts stuffed with pesto and capers. This sensational entrée offers delightful bursts of flavor.
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan or Romano Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil.
COMBINE 1/4 cup cheese, pesto and capers in small bowl.
CUT each chicken breast horizontally three-fourths of the way through the meat creating a pocket for stuffing, being careful to not cut all the way through. Place 2 tablespoons pesto mixture into each breast pocket. Secure with wooden picks. Place chicken in prepared baking pan. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center or reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Remove from oven.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
REMOVE wooden picks from chicken; cut into slices and serve over prepared pasta.
Tip: May assemble stuffed chicken ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Before baking, drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with sauce and cheese.