Mellon Ball Salad
- 1 large watermelon
- 2 cantaloupe melons
- 2 honeydew melons
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 2 cups black or red seedless grapes, washed and halved
1. With a melon baller, scoop out flesh from watermelon, cantaloupes and honeydews.
2. In a large bowl, combine:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
3. Add all melon balls, strawberries and grapes; toss to combine. Allow fruit to chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
You can even serve it in the leftover cantaloupe/honeydew shells or watermelon rind. For my first baby shower, my mom made the watermelon rind look like a baby carriage and added grapefruits as the wheels. It was really cute!