- beef round steak 1 pound trimmed (3/4-inch thick)
- vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- onion 1/2 cup chopped
- garlic 2 tablespoons minced
- beef bouillon 2 cube
- water 1 1/2 cups boiling
- pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- stewed tomatoes 1 (28-ounce) can
- green peppers 2 mediums cut into rings
- water 1/2 cup cold
- cornstarch 1/4 cup
- soy sauce 0.250 cup
- Hot cooked noodles (optional)
Cut meat into 2-in. x 1-in. strips brown in a skillet in oil for 10 minutes.
Add onion and garlic cook for 3-4 minutes.
Dissolve bouillon in boiling water pour into skillet.
Sprinkle meat with pepper.
Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
Add tomatoes and green pepper cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Combine cold water, cornstarch and soy sauce stir into broth.
Bring to a boil cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Serve over noodles if desired.