Chicken sauteed with onions and mushrooms
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 lb Mushrooms, fresh, medium
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
1. Saute onions and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Remove onion/mushroom mixture from skillet and reserve, add chicken breasts to skillet.
3. Saute for 4 minutes, then turn over and add mushroom mixture on top.
4. In a small bowl mix salt, pepper, paprika, chives and parsley together then sprinkle mixture over chicken.
5. In a medium bowl combine the broth, brandy and mustard and blend together.
6. Pour over chicken, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink inside).
For richer flavor, add a splash of cream and some diced garlic.