Whole Wheat Bread
CAUTION: The breadmaker and pan may be very hot! Always handle with care.
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp, water(75-85 °F)
- 1 Tbsp + 1-1/2 tsp butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
1. Spray bread pan and kneading blade with non-stick cooking spray. Attach the kneading blade in bread pan. Place ingredients in bread pan in the following order: water, butter, sugar, salt and flour.
2. With finger, make a small indentation at one side of the flour. Add yeast to indentation, making sure it does not come in contact with liquid ingredients.
3. Insert bread pan into breadmaker; gently close lid. Plug the power cord into a wall outlet. Press the Menu Button until the “Whole Wheat” program is reached. Press the “Loaf” button and set it for 1-1/2 lb. loaf. Press the 'Crust Color” button for the desired crust color. Press the Start Button.
4. When the machine beeps, indicating that the program has finished, lift the lid and, using oven mitts, firmly grasp the bread pan handle and gently pull the pan straight up and out of the machine. Unplug the breadmaker and let cool.
5. If needed, use a non-stick spatula to gently loosen the sides of the bread from the pan; turn the bread pan upside down onto a wire cooling rack and gently shake until bread falls out onto rack.
6. Turn bread right-side up on rack and cool about 20 minutes before slicing.