- 6 6
- Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mediterranean is best)
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces ((I use Romaine)
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped (the long, thin, almost seedless ones)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin rings and soaked for 10 minutes in a small bowl of ice water to make it less sharp
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 3/4 cup kalamata olive
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Adapted from greekfood.com
Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended.
Season to taste.
Drain onion from ice water and pat dry with paper towels.
Combine all salad ingredients, except cheese, in large bowl.
Toss with dressing.
Sprinkle cheese over and serve.