Chocolate Mousse Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Sugar-Free No-Cook
- 1/2 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into pieces
- 1 banana, ripe, peeled a cut into pieces (or another half avocado)
- 4 organic, medjool dates, soaked for 4 hours or more, skin removed and pitted (Medjool dates are usually larger than other dates, therefore, add more if not using medjool.)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup gluten-free milk (almond, coconut, etc.)
Adapted from glutenfreerecipebox.com
Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor.
Blend for about 5 minutes or until all pieces are smooth and the mixture turns into a mousse texture.
Pour into ramekins.
Refrigerate until very chilled.
Garnish with a banana slice, chocolate shavings or chopped nuts.
The mousse may look lumpy in the photo, but it is not. Those are just air bubbles. If you add banana it will taste like chocolate-banana, but if you add just avocado it will just taste like chocolate.