Hawaiian Turkey Burger
- ◾1 Large Egg
- ◾1 pound ground turkey or ground chicken
- ◾1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ◾1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
- ◾2 tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- ◾1 teaspoon Iodized Salt
- ◾1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ◾1 clove of garlic, minced
- ◾1/2 cup red pepper, minced
- ◾1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- ◾1/4 cup Hickory BBQ Sauce*
- ◾1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ◾1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings
- ◾1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rings
- ◾1 green pepper, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings
- ◾4 Hamburger Buns
- ◾4 slices Pepper Jack Sliced Cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from aldi.us
Beat egg in a bowl. Add ground turkey or chicken, oats, crushed red pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, minced garlic and minced red pepper.
Mix together until incorporated. Divide into 4 even patties, flatten and let sit in the fridge for 5 minutes.
Mix together mayonnaise and BBQ sauce. Set aside.
Heat grill to medium/high temperature. Place patties on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes each side until desired doneness.
Brush oil on slices of pineapple, onion and green pepper, then grill 2-3 minutes on each side.
Lightly grill the bun and set aside. Spread both sides of the bun with the mayonnaise BBQ sauce.
When burger is almost finished cooking, place 1 slice of cheese on each patty and continue to grill until melted.
To assemble the burger, layer the bottom of the bun with the patty with cheese, pineapple, onion, green pepper and top half of bun.