Summer Chef's Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 cups mesclun salad blend - (abt 3 oz)
- 10 ounces Black Forest ham cut matchstick size
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese cut matchstick size
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-shredded peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes - (abt 10 oz)
- 1 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
Puree olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano in food processor until smooth. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Arrange mesclun on large platter. Arrange ham strips, cheese strips, shredded carrots, halved tomatoes, and sliced red onion in spoke-like pattern atop mesclun. Place egg wedges around edge of platter. Sprinkle with slivered basil. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.