Roasted Yellow Pepper Bruschetta
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 4 slices country-style bread, 1/2" thick (ea slice abt 5" by 2 1/2")
- 1 piece Asiago cheese - (3 oz) shaved into strips
- 4 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Blend first 3 ingredients and 3 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Season topping with salt and pepper.
Char bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed, and slice peppers.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Top bread with peppers and cheese shavings. Bake until Asiago melts, about 12 minutes.
Transfer bruschetta to plates. Spoon on tomato topping; sprinkle with Parmesan.
This recipe yields 4 first-course servings.