- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Purchased caramel sauce warmed
- Whipped cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Whisk molasses, sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Whisk in 1 cup boiling water and oil, then dry ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 20 minutes. Turn out onto plate; cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and store at room temperature.) Cut cake into wedges. Serve with warm caramel sauce and whipped cream.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
This Bundt-cake gingerbread is moist, rich, and decadent -- no wonder it's Three Square Grill's signature dessert.