Pecan Popovers With Parsley And Thyme
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (about) melted, cooled
- 1 1/4 cups chilled whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground toasted pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped untoasted pecans
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray standard 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray, then brush with butter. Place in oven until very hot, about 10 minutes.
Combine milk, next 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons butter in large bowl; whisk until blended. Remove hot muffin pan from oven. Divide batter equally among muffin cups. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Bake popovers 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees; continue to bake until brown and firm, about 15 minutes longer. Brush popovers with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with salt. Turn out of pan, cutting to loosen if necessary; serve immediately.
This recipe yields 12 popovers.