I Want to Marry You Cookies.....chewy chocolate chip
The melted butter combined with a generous measure of brown sugar creates crisp, caramelized outer edges while the centers remain soft and chewy. Toasted pecans add a lovely crunch and a pinch of cinnamon gives the cookies unique, mysterious flavor. You'll "get" it too ................ make a batch, they're phenomenally delicious and you might just find your neighbors, friends, family, co-workers, actually everyone who tries them ..................... offering to marry you!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, extra for garnishing, if desired*
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, extra for garnishing, if desired*
- 1 cup roughly chopped, toasted pecans, extra for garnishing, if desired*
Adapted from thecafesucrefarine.com
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
4. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
5. Stir in the white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and pecans.
6. Roll by hand into medium-size balls or use a scoop, and place on sheet pans. If desired tuck extra chips and pecans over tops of dough mounds for a lovely appearance.
7. Chill, on sheet pan for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for several minutes on pan, then transfer to cooling rack.
9. Watch the proposals coming pouring in!!! :)
24-36 cookies, depending on size