Grilled Peach and Pineapple Melba Sundaes
- 12 12 12 oz. fresh raspberries
- 2 2 2 T. Granulated sugar
- 1 1 1 T. Fresh lemon juice
- Pinch Pinch of flaky sea salt plus more for serving
- 2 2 2 medium peaches cut into thin wedges
- 1 1 1 (1/2” thick) fresh pineapple slices
- 2 2 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
1. Preheat grill to high (450-550 degrees). Layer sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil . Toss together raspberries and sugar on foil. Slide foil onto grill grate, and grill uncovered, stirring once or twice, until juicy, about 8 minutes. Transfer raspberries and juices to a blender and let cool completely. Add lemon juice and a pinch of salt, purée until very smooth. Transfer raspberry sauce to an airtight container, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grill peach wedges and pineapple slices, uncovered, until lightly charred, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a work surface; let cool completely. Dice pineapple.
3. Decoratively layer ice cream, pineappples, peaches, and raspberry sauce in each of 6 (8 oz) glasses. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve immediately.
All the fruit can be grilled ahead of time and refrigerated before serving.