Keto friendly meatloaf
- For the meatloaf:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cage-free eggs
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (or Kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the tomato sauce:
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 heirloom tomato sliced, (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from blog.kettleandfire.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients and knead the mixture with your hands until fully combined.
In a non-stick, 9x5-inch loaf pan, add the meatloaf mixture and press down to fill all the edges of the pan. Set aside.
In a small pot over low heat, add the tomato sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
Pour the tomato sauce over the meatloaf. (If using, add slices of heirloom tomato to garnish). Place in the oven and cook until the meatloaf is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 50 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let rest until warm, about 10 minutes. Serve.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.1g 12%
Saturated Fat 2.4g
Trans Fat 0.2g
Cholesterol 108.7mg 36%
Sodium 777.6mg 32%
Total Carbohydrate 8.7g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9%
Protein 21.3g 43%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 28% Calcium 8% Iron 18%