French Onion Chicken Casserole
A simple but delicious casserole featuring chicken, fettuccine noodles, sweet onions and Swiss cheese, yum! A pre-cooked rotisserie chicken makes preparation a breeze for a hectic weeknight meal.
- 8 8 8 ounces Fettuccine noodles
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup butter
- 2 2 2 large sweet onions, cut and sliced thinly
- 1 1 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 2 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/4 2 1/4 1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 2 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 2 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 2 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cook and drain pasta according to directions, using minimum cooking time.
Heat butter in large skillet, and add onions, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, while stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown.
Add flour, stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
Add broth and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Simmer another 1 to 2 minutes, until sauce becomes thickened. Remove from heat.
Add chicken and cooked pasta. Stir to mix.
Add half the mixture to a greased 9x13-inch pan.
Sprinkle with half the cheese, then repeat layers.
Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix butter and bread crumbs.
Sprinkle crumbs on finished pasta, then bake uncovered another 5 to 10 minutes, or until crumbs are browned.