Confetti Kielbasa Skillet Recipe
4/5/2018 Great and easy
I have used Italian sausage instead of kielbasa. Cooked the sausage first and add onions and mushrooms when sausage is almost fully cooked.
- 1 T. canola oil
- 7 ounces smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch slices ( can use regular kielbasa or substitute Italian sausage cut into pieces)
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn or fresh corn if in season
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 tsp. minced minced fresh cilantro (optional)
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, onion and mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
2 Add broth and seasoning blend, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through.