Zucchini and Mozzarella Cheese Frittata
- 4 4 4 T olive oil, divided
- 1 1 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 1 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1 1 T chopped oregano
- 4 4 4 cloves, garlic, finely chopped
- 8 8 8 large eggs
- 1 1 1 t kosher salt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 t crushed red pepper, plus more for serving
- 4 4 3/4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cubed (about 3/4 c)
- Green salad
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in ovenproof skillet over medium. Add zucchini, onion, oregano and garlic and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are slightly softened, 8-10 minutes.
Whisk eggs, salt and crushed red pepper until combined. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet, tilting to distribute. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and shake skillet to help eggs settle. Cook over medium until edges begin to set, 2-3 minutes. Top with cheese.
Transfer skillet to oven and cook until top is just set, 13-15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Gently slide frittata out of skillet and season with more red pepper. Serve with salad.