Skillet Chicken And Vegetables
- 4 chicken thighs with skin and bone
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound small red-skinned potatoes halved
- 8 boiling onions peeled
- 2 large carrots peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
Sprinkle chicken on all sides with paprika, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
Add vegetables and stir 2 minutes. Sprinkle vegetables with flour and stir to coat. Gradually stir in broth and wine; bring to boil, stirring frequently. Return chicken and any juices to skillet; bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.