Roasted Root Vegetables With Rosemary
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray as needed
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes unpeeled, scrubbed, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound celery root peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound rutabagas peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound carrots peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound parsnips peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 onions cut 1" pieces
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only cut 1"-thk rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
Position 1 rack in bottom third of oven and 1 rack in center of oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Spray 2 heavy large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Combine all remaining ingredients except garlic in very large bowl; toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Divide vegetable mixture between prepared sheets. Place 1 sheet on each oven rack. Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reverse positions of baking sheets. Add 5 garlic cloves to each baking sheet.
Continue to roast until all vegetables are tender and brown in spots, stirring and turning vegetables occasionally, about 45 minutes longer. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand on baking sheets at room temperature. Rewarm in 450 degrees oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.)
Transfer roasted vegetables to large bowl and then serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.