Prejean’s Crawfish Cornbread
- 2pounds2 pounds Louisiana crawfish tail meat 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2cups2 cups cornmeal 1 tablespoon salt
- 4cups4 cups cream-style corn 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup1/2 cup seeded and sliced jalapeno pepper 2 cups diced onion
- 1/3cup1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil 1 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 14-cup baking pan or casserole dish.
*Bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or until center temperature is 185 degrees.
This recipe makes about 16 servings
Allow to cool for about 15 minutes prior to cutting if you want squares, or serve hot in scoops