BBQ Country Ribs (Slow Cooker)
- 1 1 1 small onion, peeled, cut in half, and sliced into half-moon rings
- 4 4 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 2 8 pounds country-style boneless pork ribs (about 8 ribs)
- 1/2 1/2 18-ounce an 18-ounce bottle prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 1 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch Pinch dried ground chipotle powder (or squirt of hot pepper sauce)
Spray inside of slow cooker crock with nonstick spray. Place sliced onion in bottom, and sprinkle garlic on top. Rinse and pat ribs dry, and place them on onion. Pour barbecue sauce over top, sprinkle with oregano, cumin and chipotle, put lid on and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours (or HIGH for 4-5 hours).
Remove ribs from sauce and set aside. Place sauce in small saucepan and boil for 3-8 -ish minutes, until sauce thickens.