bread, lemon yogurt poppy seed
- 2 2 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 6 container 6 oz container non fat lemon yogurt
- 2/3 2/3 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1 1 egg, separated plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup non fat milk
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 1 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 3 3 tbsp confectioners sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. heat oven to 375. spray a loaf pan with vegetable spray. sift flour and baking powder together in a medium bowl, set aside.
2. combine yogurt and sugar together in medium bowl; stir until well blended. add egg yolk, milk, 3 tbsp of the lemon juice, lemon zest and extract. stir to blend.
3. beat the 2 egg whites in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. fold into yogurt mixture. fold flour mixture into batter. add poppy seeds; stir gently to blend. pour into prepared pan; bake until pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. cool in pan 10 minutes, remove from pan.
4. meanwhile, whisk together remaining tbsp of the lemon juice and confectioners sugar. pierce holes over the top of the loaf with wooden pick. brush top of loaf with glaze. cool completely.