Hearty Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Contest Winning. 6 servings.
- 8 ozs uncooked Spaghetti, broken into 3 in. pieces
- 3 c cubed cooked chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 10 3/4 oz condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 c 2% milk
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 c shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 oz can mushroom stems & pieces, drained (or sauté fresh mushrooms)
- 1/2 c chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 T Mayo
- 1 1/2 t steak seasoning
- 1/2 t dried basil
Cook Spaghetti according to pkg directions. In LG bowl, combine chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 c cheddar cheese, 1/2 c Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers, mayo, steak seasoning & basil.
Drain Spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to greased 13x9 in baking dish. Cover & bake at 350 for 20 min. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer until heated through & cheese is melted.