Crock Pot Cheese and Beer Soup
This Crockpot Beer Cheese Soup is perfect for gatherings as well. Instead of having the usual chips and dip appetizers, present a crockpot full of the delicious soup to sip on. I highly recommend serving this soup up with some big ole’ pretzel buns for dunking. Better yet, if you can find pretzel soup bowls to serve in.
- 32 32 to oz chicken broth ( or veggie broth to make vegetarian friendly)
- 12 12 12 oz beer
- 1 1 1 cup of carrots, finely diced or shredded
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 1 1 cup onion finely diced
- 2-3 2-3 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 3 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup cornstarch
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
Adapted from familyfreshmeals.com
1. Place all chicken broth, beer, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper into your crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
2. Once time is up, remove lid and stir in shredded cheese, and heavy cream. Stir until cheese is melted. Next whisk in cornstarch. Recover and cook for 10-15 minutes longer.
3. For a smooth soup (which is preferred for this soup), blend soup in batches, or use an immersion blender before serving.
Serve with fresh pretzel rolls.