Hot Fudge Pie, GF
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup butter or non-dairy alternative (e.g. Earth Balance® Buttery Sticks or soy-free Coconut Spread)
- 1 1 1 cup granulated cane or coconut palm sugar**
- 1/3 1/3 1/3 cup gfJules™All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 2 2 eggs
- 1 1 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from gfjules.com
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Dissolve ½ cup cocoa in ¾ cup boiling water and set aside to cool.
Separate eggs, whipping the whites until stiff in a metal bowl with a whisk attachment on an electric mixer or a whisk and really strong arms!
In a separate bowl, cream the butter with sugar, gfJules Flour, 2 separated egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
Add the cooled chocolate mixture, then fold in two stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour into an oiled and floured (with corn starch or gfJules Flour) 8 or 9 inch pie pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until a butter knife inserted into the pie comes out clean.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream, homemade coconut whipped cream, berry coulis or deliciously unadulterated.