Twice Baked Cheese Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes, roughly same size
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 1 1/2 tsp minced onion
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
1. Scrub the potatoes well. Rub the skins with shortening and pierce in several places to allow steam to escape. Bake for about 1 hour, or until done.
2. Add onion to evaporated milk and let stand while potatoes are baking. When potatoes are done, cut in halves lengthwise. Scoop out the insides, reserving the shells. In a large bowl, Mash the potatoes, or put through a ricer and beat in the butter, milk-onion mixture, salt and parsley. Blend in the cheese until thoroughly mixed. Spoon the mixture back into the shells and return to the oven 10-15 minutes.