Beef in Beer
- 1/4 c. soy powder or low-carb bake mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef round roast
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 oz.) plain tomato sauce
- 1 can ( 12 oz. lite beer)
- 1 tsp. instant tea powder
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 610mins
Combine the soy powder or low-carb bake mix with a little salt and pepper, and dredge the beef in it.
Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and sear the meat until it's brown all over. Place the meat in a slow cooker.
In the oil left in the skillet, fry the onion for a few minutes, and add that to the slow cooker.
Now pour the tomato sauce and beer over the beef. Sprinkle the instant tea over it, and throw in the mushrooms and garlic. Put the lid on the slow cooker, set it on low, and let it cook for 8 to 9 hours.