- 1212 65% or > dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2cup1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinchpinch salt
- 2TBS2 TBS corn syrup
- 1 1/2TBS1 1/2 TBS unsalted butter cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4cup1/4 cup cocoa
- 1TBS1 TBS powdered sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 280mins
Adapted from Cooksillustrate.com
1. Microwave chocolate in medium bowl at 50% power, stirring occasionally until mostly melted and few small chocolate pieces remain, 2-3 minutes, set aside. Microwave cream in measuring cup until warm to touch, about 30 seconds. Stir corn syrup, vanilla and salt into cream and pour mixture over chocolate. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, set aside for 3", then stir with wooden spoon to combine. Stir in butter one piece at a time until fully incorporated.
2. 8 x 8 pan, make parchment sling w/ perpendicular sides
3. Using rubber spatula, transfer ganache to prepared pan and set aside at room temperature for 2 hours. Cover pan and transfer to refrigerator; chill for at least 2h, but can be stored, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
4. Coating - sift cocoa and sugar thru fine-mesh strainer into large bowl. Sift again into large cake pan and set aside
5. Remove sling from 8x8 pain. Cut ganache into 48 to 64 pieces. If ganache cracks during slicing, let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes and then proceed. Dust hands lightly with cocoa mixture to prevent ganache from sticking and roll each piece into ball. Transfer balls to cake pan w/ cocoa mixture and roll to coat evenly. Lightly shake truffles in hand over pan to remove excess coating. Transfer to airtight covered container and refrigerate for at least 2h or up to 1 week.