Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Enjoy With:
- The BEST cranberry pecan chicken salad. Perfect dip or sandwich filling!
- 2 cups prepared rotisserie chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (cherry infused for an even more delicious chicken salad!)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup full fat mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (fat free or light is great!)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Croissants or other Sandwich Rolls (add some lettuce for a sandwich)
- Thinly sliced apples
- Celery Sticks
Adapted from Chelseasmessyapron.com
To toast the pecans: pour the pecans into an even layer in a small, dry (no need to add oil or anything) skillet over medium-heat and stir them around a bit until they are fragrant, lightly browned, and toasted to your liking. Watch carefully to avoid burning the nuts (they can go from toasted to burned VERY quickly)
In a large bowl, add in the chopped rotisserie chicken, toasted and chopped pecans, dried cranberries, and thinly sliced celery.
Add the mayo, sour cream, honey, Dijon mustard, poppyseeds, lemon juice, and a generous (or to taste) sprinkle of salt + pepper.
Gently stir all of the ingredients together until combined. Taste and adjust for seasonings (salt, pepper, additional lemon, etc.)
Enjoy with crackers, apples, and celery sticks OR layer it on a croissant and add some lettuce. Enjoy immediately.